ARMSTRONG LAMINATE FLOORING: SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
- Armstrong Laminate Flooring may be installed in bathrooms following the guidelines outlined in the Bathroom Installation Section in the F-5061 manual.
- Armstrong Laminate Flooring is not recommended over most carpets or in high-humidity areas where the floor is normally wet – e.g., steam rooms or saunas. The slope should not exceed 1? in 6´ (2.54 cm in 1.83 m).
- Variations in subfloor flatness should not exceed 3/16? in 10´ (4.76 mm in 3.05 m) or 1/8? in 6´ (3.17 mm in 1.83 m). Level floors with a suitable cement-based self-leveling underlayment following the manufacturer’s recommended guidelines
- Radiant heated subfloors should not exceed 85º F (29º C).
- All substrates must meet applicable building codes, be structurally sound, show minimal deflection, be dry, clean and flat.
- The room temperature should be at a minimum of 65° F (18° C) for 48 hours before, during, and 48 hours after installation.
- Armstrong Laminate floors do not require acclimation.
- During and after installation, the room temperature should not exceed a maximum of 100° F (38° C).
- Install parallel to incoming light from any windows, or if lighting is not a concern, parallel to the longest wall in the room.
- It is a good idea to use 100% silicone caulk in areas of rooms where excessive moisture may be present, such as at kitchen sinks, dishwashers and ice makers. See Bathroom Installation section for instructions on Full Bathroom Installations in the F-5061 manual. Install cabinets then install the laminate around the cabinets leaving the 1/4? (6.35 mm) to 1/2? (12.7 mm) expansion zone.
- If installing cabinets after the laminate has been installed, most or all of the cabinet weight should be supported by the wall mountings. To secure the cabinets to the substrate with screws or nails, drill holes through the laminate 1/2? (12.7 mm) in diameter larger than the screw or nail to allow for expansion.
- When installing an island, it must be freestanding and weigh less than 250 pounds if it is to be installed over the laminate.
- If the island weighs more than 250 pounds, the laminate is to be installed around the island allowing the normal 1/4? (6.35 mm) to 1/2? (12.7 mm) in expansion area around the base of the island. If the laminate has already been installed, and the island must be installed over the laminate, and the island weighs more than the 250 lbs maximum, drill holes through the laminate 1/2? (12.7 mm) in diameter larger than the bolts (to allow for expansion) and bolt the island to the subfloor.
Laminate Flooring Deals